FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New 2019 Accor French Welcome Drink Policy (updated in 2020)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:51 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JTCz
Well, I also noticed the remark on Accor's website as posted above, so this is certainly not just the hotel's discretion.

That said, I am relieved to learn that this is the gist of it, as seeing the thread title I was worried we are now supposed to get the hotel a drink when checking in.
This is simply because Accor HQ is facing a big resistance from the French franchisés who even have a kind of “union” representing them. They likely argued that it was costing them a lot of money and other BS, that their contract with Accor was not covering this etc et . And so Accor HQ posted that exemption officially. But, as I said before, this would be a non-sense from HQ to have an official policy for French Mercure and Novotel and another policy for all the rest
I really find pathetic that the hotels are now putting this on Accor HQ . In any hotel group, no HQ policy will ever prevent an hotel to give this or that in addition to the minimum they require. It is never forbidden to do more. Hotels just like to blame it on Accor HQ because it’s easy and they can drive away all customer complaint related to this. Like all our stupid politicians in Europe who blame EU institutions everytime for any problems that are just due to their own incompetence or lack of courage.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jan 13, 2019 at 6:27 pm