FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS etoll charges? How to avoid it?
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:43 am
GOTBound

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
I'll hijack this this thread; AVIS states
"Under the e-Toll program, once you pass through an electronic toll, you will pay a convenience fee of $3.95 for each day of the entire rental period, including any days on which e-Toll is not used, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental month, plus incurred tolls at the maximum prevailing rates posted by the toll authority"

on the sam page further down;

"When a renter utilizes these lanes, the toll system identifies the car and charges the standard cash fee for toll roads as published by the toll authority, plus the convenience fee of $3.95 per day ($19.75 maximum per month)."

In the first section it says "up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental month" and in the second section it says "$19.75 maximum per month".
How should I intrepid this; for example, I rent a car from December 18 and return the car 6th of January; my rental period is 19 days, as I understand within a rental month but stretches over twocalendar month. Would I en up paying $19.75 or $19,75 x2?

EK