FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:33 pm
ricardojrsousa

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Hello all!

This probably classifies as a newbie question but I'm having a hard time figure something out :-)

I recently booked TK from SGN to IST (and then onwards to OPO) — in J. According to the calculator on TK's website this would have yield
5,086 standard miles
+
1,780 promotional miles
=
6,866 miles.

I have been credit for the SGN to IST flight but not yet for the IST to OPO one (but didn't get the automated email)... and I'm confused. I got credited 8137 miles. So... this number does not make sense or I'm being dumb as a door.
Not that I'm necessarily complaining, but I'm wondering how they got to it (and if this means I already got factored here my OPO flight miles?).

A couple questions:
  1. What are the promotional miles? Is this for some flights / first flight of the cycle/year only can I count on these for as long as a I fly J ?
  2. Are the promotional miles bonus only or also status?
  3. Ideas on how (what math led to) I got 8137 miles on the above? Alternatively, should I expect this to be an error and for me to soon have 6866 miles added instead?

Thanks!