FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:02 pm
jp-mco

Originally Posted by Lambi
As one of the younger members of this part of the forum (mid 30s), can you help me understand what you guys are looking for in a hotel when going to places such as London, New York and other English speaking larger cities? I understand location, hardware, F&B, amenities such as pool, spa and such, but what kind of service are you guys looking for? Do you stay a lot in the hotel when visiting such places?

I understand the need for an awesome concierge service in Tokyo and Seoul, I understand you need a really nice pool in Bangkok. What kind of service is it that you're looking for in London? What am I missing here?

Serious question (not an accusation).
Most of my travel to London is for business. I place a high value on having someone who is able to assist me by pressing my suit, shirts and ensuring my shoes are clean. They can also make me a cup of tea whilst I carry on with work. To me it’s all about making that time away from home as easy as possible and staying in a luxury hotel delivers that. I’m not looking for concierge services other than with transport.