FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Lambi
As one of the younger members of this part of the forum (mid 30s), can you help me understand what you guys are looking for in a hotel when going to places such as London, New York and other English speaking larger cities? I understand location, hardware, F&B, amenities such as pool, spa and such, but what kind of service are you guys looking for? Do you stay a lot in the hotel when visiting such places?

I understand the need for an awesome concierge service in Tokyo and Seoul, I understand you need a really nice pool in Bangkok. What kind of service is it that you're looking for in London? What am I missing here?

Serious question (not an accusation).
Concierge team who can get you in last minute restaurant reservations / or changes , theatre tickets & such . Housekeeping who know where to place your toiletries & not mess up our arrangements , extra towels and / or other requests , - 3 large buckets of ice . .

How long one stays in , well , it depends how jet lagged one is . Once I got really ill & stayed in The Mark , NYC , almost a week ?

Connaught , The Halkin , .. are great for us in London . Short strolls to indulgence