FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I actually like CW - am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:39 pm
rfarlz

Programs: QF P1, OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... The key to me, as a frequent flyer, is sleep quality, and a 787 and 380 CW seat plus the White bedding remains the best way for me to achieve that, with UD 747 not far behind. Partly is due to being used to the seat so much, partly that I can normally get my preferred seat...
Thanks CWS!

I think you've touched on two crucial points there: I think BA's product is well matched to their largest customer base - frequent travellers who value sleep above all else. Some other products such as Emirates seem to be designed to be heavily skewed towards impressing more of an aspirational occasional traveller crowd.

The other point is that BA treat their FFs very well in this regard, despite having so many - I think without having OW status and always being able to get my preferred seats I would have more of a dim view of their product.

Originally Posted by Greenpen
It is a bit like reverse VS marketing. You get their message that it’s the best seat in the sky yet when you try it it’s beastly. You read on FT that the seat is awful and yet it’s actually awesome.
Couldn't agree more - the VS/NZ seat is diabolical yet both airlines receive so much praise. EK even more so, I really feel their B77W seat is one of the worst long haul J seats in the sky, yet they receive so much admiration for their lacklustre product

Originally Posted by T8191
I lack the wide experience of others, but I have developed an aversion to BA CW seating.

Accessible storage for oddments, such as the water bottle (if issued) would be top of my list. I will pass on the other minor niggles.

However, it’s infinitely better than being down the back.
I couldn't tell you how many times I've woken up cuddling my drink bottle! The 787 middle seats actually have a nice little nook where you can store it.

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Big CW fan me ! Sitting, lounging, sleeping the most comfortable I’ve been on a plane. Am curious what the A350 will be bringing ? With just a few tweaks could be one of the best products out there !?!
I'm a little apprehensive of what the new product will bring - I'm hopeful that it might end up similar to Q-Suites, if you compare seat maps between CW and Q-Suites (and squint a bit!) they actually have a similar layout. Q-Suites with less shelf and smaller foot cubbys is pretty much exactly how I pictured direct aisle access CW when it was first announced to be an evolution.