FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta flyer moving to Amsterdam for 2 years
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:02 am
rwSEA

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Shane Wilson
Appreciate the help everyone! I'll be flying mostly around Europe (I work in consulting and destinations change all the time). I'll also be flying back to the US 3-4 times a year, so sounds like sticking with Delta is the way to go.
I've moved back and forth between the US and the Netherlands and have had the same question in the past. Years ago I had status with neither so I went all on on the FlyingBlue program as I was on a typical consultant schedule as well with lots of shorthaul flights around Europe. At the time it was much easier to earn status with FlyingBlue than with DL and also it was much easier to redeem points, so I was relatively happy. With the changes to FlyingBlue a couple years back, it's now much harder to get and to maintain status and this time I decided to stick with DL. Most of my travel is longhaul business class now, so it's much easier with the DL program in my case. Since you already have DL status I agree probably best to stick with DL for the time being, and to process the address change if you think you may not meet the MQD threshold. Enjoy the Netherlands!