FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM - YVR to LIM ~US $750 in J Roundtrip
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:38 am
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
So here is a very strange end to my night. I had three hours in the AM lounge tonight (see previous post), and ended up making friends with a couple people. We were chatting and having a good time and I realized that it was 35 minutes before departure so I said my goodbyes to head to the gate. I stopped at the front counter to make sure I had the correct gate number and to get pointed in the right direction...at this point it was T -30 minutes to departure. The agent quickly looked at my flight and then completely freaked out on me. She was nice but said that I was about to miss the plane and I had to run as fast as I could to make it. I clarified with her that the plane was not scheduled to leave for 30 minutes? She said yes that’s true but boarding is already complete. She said it’s gate 57 the very last one at the end of the terminal so it’s a long way. So I took off running still not really sure why. I mean I’ve travelled enough I know that you don’t walk up 10 minutes before departure but 25-30 minutes is fine. To my surprise the terminal was not that long at all. She was correct, gate 57 was the last gate but I got there in under two minutes. The way she explained it I thought I would be running for 10 minutes. As I approached the podium an agent immediately stepped out and and greeted me by my name. I ask him how he knew it was me and he was said that I was the last passenger to board. I apologized and told him the lady at the lounge told me to run but I was confused because now it’s still 25 minutes before departure. Hey said they started boarding early to try to get an early start. I walked on and sat down and they closed the door and pushed back. It was just a domestic flight from MEX to MZT on an E190. So weird. I’m so used to everything in Latin America running behind schedule this completely blew my mind. And the flight was almost full as well! Do AM domestic flights typically leave 1/2 hour early?