FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic question: miles vs. paying for ticket
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:48 am
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
A legit J seat, Europe to SFO, for $1150 in the summer?!!?

That seems like a pretty easy call regardless of how useful the EQM/RDM are to the other travelers on the itin. Depending on carrier choices, you might actually be able to credit that to AS and have RDM totals that *do* matter in all four accounts.

Was that an elusive fare you're hesitant to share with the world or something that was available pretty readily? (Believe me, I totally understand if you'd rather keep it quiet.)
The $1150 fare was offered by TAP on connections to its new LIS-SFO (lie flat) nonstop that starts this summer. Unfortunately I missed the boat (you snooze you lose!) and the fare is now +$200 but still available for most of the summer. From what I've seen you need to select a connecting flight (mine originates in Italy) or you'll pay +$100.

This fare deal was posted last month on Lucky's OMAAT blog and I think there was also a TAP thread in Premium Fare Deals forum. Sorry for the delay but the good news is that it is still there (albeit a bit higher).