FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:12 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tobikosan
I knew it would be you James, with the good info and answer. Thank you. So I can add AKL for 10K more if available hen add a separate 30K award for stand alone HKG-AKL? Is there a way to do HKG-AKL-LAX as one ticket say for 70K? I am AS MVPG and if I understand correctly I have no change fee for me or my wife when booking her with my miles out of my account. Is this correct? Do I need to find HKG-AKL availabiltity on say BA then call AS to make the addition? Any idea if I can do by Twitter as i am in Asia now?
No way to do HKG-AKL-LAX on CX. You can add HKG-AKL at anytime before departure for 10K more. Most non TPAC don't have F so you will fly in J if available. If not you can add PE or Y. AKL-HKG is a separate award as everything terminates in HKG unless arriving from or departing to North America. As you are Gold, no change/cancel fees for yourself or companion(s) regardless os status. It should also be nicely outlined in the wiki. BA will work for checking availability but I find it cumberson. My preference is QF.

If you know your dates and no J is available now, I would consider booking PE or even Y so you know you have your flight. You can continue to look for J and if it opens up you can call AS and have them move you up.

James