FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:38 pm
tobikosan

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you already have your SFO-HKG CX F award for 70K, there are no additional miles required to add onward travel with or without a HKG stopover to Asia, The Middle East, South Africa, India and South Asia. For Australia & New Zealand you will require 10K more miles. HKG-Europe would be a separate award. In all cases there will be minimal additional fees and taxes due. If you don't have a change/cancel fee waiver there will be a $125 fee per change per passenger, including adding segments, after 24 hours from booking.

For more information you can refer to the award charts for partner awards on the AS website.

James
I knew it would be you James, with the good info and answer. Thank you. So I can add AKL for 10K more if available hen add a separate 30K award for stand alone HKG-AKL? Is there a way to do HKG-AKL-LAX as one ticket say for 70K? I am AS MVPG and if I understand correctly I have no change fee for me or my wife when booking her with my miles out of my account. Is this correct? Do I need to find HKG-AKL availabiltity on say BA then call AS to make the addition? Any idea if I can do by Twitter as i am in Asia now?