FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:03 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Why wait for a couple of months when in that time you could have at minimum 100k miles with 2x50k/$3k (best case 130k with match), and still apply for new cards after that time? Nothing guarantees mailers will continue, language isn't inserted to stop the churning madness, or offers could get worse.

I've used the 50k+10k mailers for my last three apps and met full spend. It's a little less convenient, but it's here now and I say take full advantage of it.
You got the offer in question mixed up. I am not talking about the 50K+10K. It is the 40K offer if you read the initial conversation about the other poster and I have gotten the crummy 40K mailer - the best outcome would only be 40+15 = 55K with the match due to the offer is 40+20.

The poster said he would not mind to spend the extra $6K in the next couple months to get the additional 20K... That I think the $6K could be better used for a better offer, hopefully the 50K mailer would come our ways! Why spend $6K to get 20K when additional, and hopefully better mailers will come later, that the same $6K spend could be used to meet the minimum spend of 2 new cards and 2 new bonuses?

Last edited by Happy; Jan 11, 2019 at 6:08 pm