FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:56 pm
Litig8r1104

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jtav559
I don't think I have read (any time recently at least) regarding a SM that was not friendly to "frequent and loyal customers". Maybe the occasional CSR that went off the reservation, but never a blanket ban!

Quite the contrary in my neck of the woods....One of the stores in my local area has a whole "loyalty" setup for those who purchase VGC regularly. Call aheads to prep cards, heads up on promos, etc.
Its a pretty symbiotic relationship - ease for me, more sales for them.

Which begs the question - what did one do to get on SM's bad side? Did you lie on their little info form they make you fill out and get caught?
No I did not. Just had a customer service manager that required a form for anything over ONE thousand per day and limited to 3k per day. Then, one afternoon I went in and she called me a gamer and said she would not permit any employees to sell to me.

Have been buying 7 to 10k 4 to 5 times a week at another simon mall close to my office. Then, the day I posted my question, I had been to the old mall and after speaking to an employee at the kiosk she said I could care less what you do with them, it is not my business and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. So now I buy from that one close to my house and then next day the other one close to my office...every other day.