FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA vs DL premium economy (SEA > NRT)
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:48 pm
downinit

I have only flown Y on ANA (several times in the past few years), but I just flew PE on Delta from LAX-PVG on the A350, and I would say the PE meal is definitely a step up from a standard ANA Y meal. The seats in the A350 are quite comfortable, as well. Delta comfort+ is a scam and a waste of money, but their PE is actually a good product. If food is the deciding factor, definitely save a few $ and go with Delta. The service on ANA will likely be friendlier, but even that is not a guarantee. While the more senior FA on most Delta TATL/TPAC segments tend to be a little less courteous than their Japanese counterparts, I have had the ANA flight attendants ignore me or assume that I want a western meal because I am Caucasian on more than one occurrence. Another advantage of Delta is that all their foreign films have English subtitles. Unfortunately, someone at ANA determined that no one who does not speak Japanese would want to watch a Japanese film, so they are often devoid of subtitles. One definite advantage of ANA is that you would get lounge access with PE. But that depends on how good the lounge is in SEA. In NRT, lounge access is less of a plus because there are many better options for dining in the airport that you may prefer to take advantage of if you enjoy Japanese food. As much as I appreciate lounge access, you really do miss out on actually exploring an airport when you just head straight to the lounge. That is not an issue in most dull USA airports, but the airports in Asia are well worth spending some time in.

Last edited by downinit; Jan 11, 2019 at 1:12 pm