FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver: Shangri-La and other hotels (consolidated)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:07 am
KristenNix

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by KatW
I have waffled over this so many times I've got maple syrup coming out of my ears.
LOL!

We have stayed at and really enjoyed both hotels within the last year.

We found the Fairmont Pacific Rim to be modern and energetic, especially in the evenings at the Lobby Lounge and RawBar. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub (open year round) are great amenities. Views from our room of the pool, water, float planes, and mountains were beautiful. I have had clients with kids that have really loved the pool suites with private patios and outdoor fireplaces. The hotel also has a fleet of BMW electric bikes that can be rented for cruising around Vancouver.

Hotel Georgia is historic, classic, luxurious and much quieter than the Pac Rim. The beautiful indoor pool is serene and unique. Our dinner at Hawksworth was good, not great (we much preferred our dinner at Yew, next door at the Four Seasons). Breakfast at Hawksworth was excellent. The Rosewood Suite on the top floor with its large outdoor terrace and plunge pool looked amazing. Prohibition Bar is super cool and popular for cocktails.

These two hotels are my favorites in Vancouver. Pacific Rim is my top choice for views and for families. Enjoy your trip!