FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Upgrade Question thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:21 am
etkuo

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Si99
I'm booked on an economy class Cathay BOM-HKG-BOM flight this month. Booking classes are Q and N. Is there any possibility to get an upgrade to Business class, via either outright purchase or through using miles (which I would have to purchase/obtain)?

I am looking for a dream scenario where I am able to upgrade for a cpl hundred $. Thanks.
The lowest fare class that is miles upgradeable is M. Cathay Economy fare classes in order are Y B H K M L V S N Q.

Also, you can only use miles to upgrade one class. So from Economy you would only be able to upgrade to Premium Economy. (Unless your destination has no Premium Economy)

In general there is no cheap way to upgrade to business on Cathay. If you want Business you will have to pay the fare difference, or at the minimum buy an (quite a bit more) expensive ticket and then use (quite a number of) miles to upgrade (and hope that CX releases upgrade availabilities).