FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class and First Class with children [Merged Threads]
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:43 pm
beerandcheese

Programs: UA Silver (woohoo), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ADW86
Hi,

I will soon be relocating to the US with my family and I'm looking for advice on the best J layout for traveling with a toddler.

We will be 2 adults and my daughter who is 1.5 years old and will have her own seat. We will be flying from AMS to MSY and the options for the long haul are UA B777 AMS-IAH, DL A330 AMS-ATL or BA B787 LHR-MSY. Looking at the layouts I feel DL is probably out but between UA and BA I'm torn. What do people think?

Also, does anybody know if the CARES system is compatible with any of those seats?

Thanks!
Think your best bet is BA 787 LHR-MSY for a couple reasons. 1) 787 is a 2-3-2 layout in J. You could get the three middle seats - the middle of which could be a nice place to keep your toddler. Also, I think this is better routing. I much prefer to finish the longer of my flights direct to my destination rather than connecting within the US when travelling with my children.

UA 777 is a close second IMO. The 2-2-2 layout means one of you can be directly next to the toddler (give her the window).