FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:20 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
We're arriving for a 5-night stay in May. Hopefully, what some posters are calling service lapses are just outliers somewhat related to the mid-December IT switchover and the Christmas rush.

We also had a 5-night stay this past August and the service levels were flawless.

@bhrubin, you're going to have to add "and St. Regis NYC" after "Ambassador Program" in your signature!
Haha, I don’t believe the StR New York is perfect. But I also can’t stomach the pedantic criticism that is barely if at all realistic. We had a few minor service issues there on our last visit, too. But it also was a spectacular stay overall. And we are people who have stayed at many luxury hotels around the world and know better.

The StR is top drawer and world class, but it—like every luxury hotel at the holidays and super high season—isn’t perfect or always top drawer. For the unaware or oblivious who go to any luxury hotel during the holidays or super high occupancy periods and expect perfection, I laugh. Those guests most often have very little perspective and don’t seem to be aware that the exact same thing happens at the Pen, the FS, the MO, the Baccarat, the PH, the Carlyle, etc. Those are often the same guests who think that a hotel costing $900-1000/night in NYC or SF is outrageous without realizing how many even less than luxurious hotels in those cities charge almost those rates.

I will bet now that you’ll have a fabulous stay in May. Enjoy!