FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:53 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
We love StR NYC and I understand people being disappointed, but it just seems like people's expectations are out of whack with reality here.

People are buying suites left and right here and also many at the last minute. If you get an upgrade, feel grateful otherwise be happy with a really nicely fitted and big (by NYC standards) room.

Yes, things do get a little crazy on the weekends with check In/Out, but it is peak time.

The decor is well StR NYC decor. They do it like no other and many including other StRs attempt to copy and fail miserably. Only a few other city hotels in the Old World match the decor and ambiance at StR NYC. I will say this style does not really match our normal preferences, but it is done so well here that we truly enjoy it every time we go.
^^^

Perspective is a valuable commodity. Those who frequent luxury hotels in NYC and elsewhere know the "complaints" so often filed here and on TripAdvisor can be true at almost every luxury hotel anywhere. Staying at a luxury hotel during its highest seasons doesn't always come with perfect service; in fact, it rarely does.

Entitlement is a big danger. It too often seems the loudest complaints about the most expensive hotels most often come from those spending the least. "I am a Platinum guest and therefore deserve an upgrade to a suite even when the hotel is at high occupancy" is a common refrain of absurdity.