FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN Private Room Access
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:32 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
I had read your post, just seems strange to leave your bags just spinning around on the carousel for hours. I would think an airport employee would collect any unclaimed bags at some point. I just get worried about retrieving them. Our flight, PVG > SIN, does not arrive in SIN until 22:15. After deplaning, enjoying TPR for a couple of hours, clearing immigration it may be 02:00 AM the following day. Just worried if someone did collect our bags after being left, that no one will be around to retrieve our bags at that hour.
It may seems strange, but this is the procedure recommended by the airport itself. There are plenty of passengers who do this... those with long connections that want to stay airside until checkin for their next flight opens, of passengers using the airside hotel before going in to singapore.

Your bags aren’t left, after the ‘last bag’ a member of staff from the left luggage counter comes and takes the bags and puts them in a secure area. You can not retrieve these without identification.

The important ant thing to remember is that you must enter Singapore through the terminal you originally arrived in. If you land at T2 but go to use the lounge at T3, you must go back to T2 to clear immigration and collect your bags.

If you want confirmation of this policy, you can check out the Changi website