FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New and refreshed Amex SPG/Bonvoy cards - August 2018 & February 2019
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:17 pm
chunky649

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Looking for other datapoints...
I have the new SPG Luxe card that provides $300 credit on Marriott purchases. The verbiage is a little vague (which may be intentional...) but I read here that it can be applied to essentially all charges from Marriott.

Last week, I received an AMEX offer on their website - $40 credit for spending $200 at Courtyard. This is a 20% rebate! Since I won't be able to stay at a hotel before the expiration of this offer, I went to a local Courtyard hotel and brought a giftcard. Literally as I walk out of the hotel, I received an email from AMEX that I triggered the offer. The next day, I received the $40 credit in my account. That was great. However, I did not see any credit in my account for the annual $300 rebate credit... Reading the terms, it say 8-12 weeks. I'm wondering if this is realistic? or I need to actually go spend more money at a Marriott in my future hotel spending with this credit card...

I read up the thread and found a data point - it took the other person 2 days for the credit to show up after charge. For me, it is now day 3. My charge is labeled as "Courtyard Detroit MI". I may need to contact AMEX next week if I don't see the credit show up...

Edit: My credit posted today, but dated yesterday. So all in all, ~4-5 days from the transaction.

Last edited by chunky649; Jan 11, 2019 at 7:49 pm