FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines flight diversion leads to a 30-hour nightmare for passengers
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:30 am
tusphotog

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
There are a lot of things that Alaska did not do well in this incident and a lot I hope they learn from. I would not want to be in this position, but I would not blame the Captain or the crew. I am sure they were not happy as well. Still waiting to hear what compensation the passengers will get for all of this.
Definitely not the crew's fault and I really have a feeling that AS management left them to flap in the wind. What we don't know from the article is if the pilots made any sort of announcement. It's also a bit surprising that the Buffalo airport didn't have some sort of contingency plan in place. Ops, airport PD and the FD are there 24/7. You'd think someone would have come by and at least provided some water or something.

That being said, the recovery in BOS is 100% on management at Angle Lake and the Station Manager. This is what happens when everyone is so focused on metrics and numbers. Contract or not, customer service from GAs is out the door and nobody is willing to think outside the box or willing to make it right for fear of ruining the numbers.