FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access SFO T2
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:40 am
jiburi

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Let us not forget a more complete history. Well prior to the merger, AS had to leave T1 due to impending demolition. AS moved all ops to Int'l A. AS had no lounge options in Int'l A except to contract with another lounge. (I believe that while the DL SC arrangement may have still been in effect, DL had already closed in the Int'l lounge.) AS finally contracted with the CX lounge. The (necessary) move to A was a big downgrade for those flying on F fares, as we lost our included lounge access. The move to T2 with respect to lounge access was reasonable at the time because BR (now AL) members could access the AA lounge. For whatever untold reason, that has now ended. So, for the most part, AS has provided some lounge access, until recently. My major gripe was that the arrangements didn't provide for F access in the contract/partner lounges in an airport where we'd historically have it. And do not forget that the VX passengers weren't accustomed to any T2 lounge, and could only access the VS lounge during limited hours, at the cost of a pretty penny per visit.
That's exactly how I remembered. When all the dust settles, I'm sure Alaska will have its own lounge at its SFO hub, and the time of this transition will all be just a talk of what once was..... "Do you remember when Alaska had no lounge in SFO....."

Jiburi