FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:17 am
yendesk

Programs: BA
Hello - first post on the site so apologies if this has been asked before.
My whole family flew Emirates to Australia three years ago, and as a result each have 31,000 miles expiring at the end of March. We have no plans to fly with Emirates or a partner in the immediate future so I thought I'd better spend the miles before March. I bought a Gap voucher and kitchen utensils with my miles last autumn, but it looks like things have changed since then.
The children are skywards surfers, but I am unable to use their miles in the Emirates High Street, and can only buy vouchers where you need to present yourself in person at Dubai (or other Middle Eastern) airport - electronic Gap, Apple vouchers etc. are no longer available. I phoned up to complain and was told that the rules had changed in November. They certainly seem to have made it more difficult to claim rewards, and the items in the High Street are less attractive than before, though my wife could probably choose something.
Does anyone have any advice as to how to make best use of these miles before they expire?
And also, how to use the children's ones - they are named on my account, but if I select "spend miles" it tells me that I don't have any miles, so I don't seem to be able to access them anyway.