FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Clement Monterey Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:13 am
Doppy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed recently in a partial Ocean View with balcony. Nice but bland room, gas fireplace was a nice touch. Public areas of the hotel and the hotel restaurant were the products of uninspired suburban office park designer.

The bed, however, was horrible. I've never complained about a bed before and I'm not that picky, but this one was for whatever reason built up high in the middle so it sloped down at a steep angle on both sides. It was like sleeping on the side of a hill. I didn't dismantle it so I'm not sure what was going on under the sheets.

Didn't complain at the time - at midnight when you're getting in to bed you don't want to call down to the front desk and wait an hour for a bunch of maintenance engineers to come up to your room.

I complained at checkout and they didn't want to do anything - IHG.com reservation was prepaid and they said the valet and hotel restaurant were independent entities so they couldn't do anything. I pressed and the front desk agent went in the back room for several minutes. Came out and said the supervisor had other things to do and that's it. I pressed more and he went in the back again and then came out and said they'd take $50 off the valet and restaurant charges. They could have also thrown some bonus points at me, although the cash discount was better.