FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you do with your (unused) amenity kits .
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:37 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I can see the benefit of giving the kits to hospitals, but if hotel staff depend on a single use tooth brush you probably should leave a lot more than an amenity kit. Or possibly stay at hotels that treat (and pay) their staff fairly.
Depend on a single use toothbrush? No. But there's a big gap between depending on a single use toothbrush and wanting to try some high end toiletries (Khiel's brand comes to mind) that they would never spend the money on.

Same with paying fairly. Paying staff fairly doesn't necessarily mean that staff needs to be paid sufficiently to afford luxury toiletries which some might say are priced absurdly high. Again, there's a huge space in there between the extremes.

Want a real life example? QR is currently serving a Krug Clos du Mesnil champagne which retails for $700/bottle. I'm not going to pay that for a bottle of wine, just too much for me. OTOH, I'm happy and grateful for the opportunity to try a couple of glasses free.