FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, compensation, etc. master thread
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:24 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by flyerB777
On 13th Dec, due to long security check point delay, I missed my flight AA 2784 from DFW to IAD after checked in both my bags to all the way to KHI (at my final destination). After missed this flight, i went to the AA customer care counter at DFW, to see if i can able to catch the next available flight to IAD, so i can catch my connecting flight of ETIHAD. I was told that next flight is not available until 10 pm, this meant that i had to cancel this itinerary and had to purchased a fresh new ticket. As i was booking my new ticket over the phone, i asked AA rep (Maira) about my luggage and Maria told me that she did the pull request of my luggage from flight AA 2784 and i should pick up my luggage at baggage office in IAD. I request that if AA can send me both of my bags back to DFW, so i can travel in the next day or two as i have to attend conferences in KHI, but she refused it and insisted me to book my next flight from IAD. I paid $596 extra to booked my flight to IAD so i can travel with my luggage. I took the next flight to IAD at 10 pm same day and when i went to baggage office in IAD, staff was very rude and refused to help me tracking down my luggage. They said they never received any pull request and told me that i should received my luggages in Karachi (as it said on the boarding). I even called the baggage hotline of AA and they are blaming Etihad. On the other end Etihad is refusing to file the claim as they are saying that i did not travel with them, so they cannot file a claim for me. Now i am back in the US, and i still don't have my luggages yet. Kindly help me as i am frustrated with calling every day to central baggage claim office and no one their to help me.
Your post is confusing. If you did not fly with EY, then how did you get to KHI? If you did fly with KHI, why is EY saying you did not fly with it? May I also presume that this was all on one ticket DFW-IAD-XXX-KHI?

Not to be critical, but the exact details matter here.