FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner 787-8 / 788 Zodiac Business Seats & Reviews (master thd)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:21 pm
joepercussion1

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by acoburn73
See this link for info. Looks like you are going to be on the retrofitted 787-8 where American has yanked the 8 biz seats in the mini-cabin and opted for additional PE seating.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aa-red...87-8-retrofit/

And below the chart showing the changes related to the retrofit.

Originally Posted by acoburn73
Looked at all 787s from ORD-DFW departing on Friday (quite a few!) on ExpertFlyer, and it appears you're on AA2501, which is the only 787 showing as having 5 rows in business (all others have the mini-cabin extra two rows). See image below:

Also, Seat Guru for AA 787s only shows two current -8 and -9 configurations, with the -8 of course having 5 rows in main cabin and 2 in minicabin (herringbone layout), while -9 has 8 rows all facing forward. Maybe you are lucky enough to be on the first new configuration of the -800?
I thought I saw the first aircraft just went in for the refit. I would be shocked that it would be back in time for this flight. Maybe I am wrong? Current assigned tail matches with the inbound flight, and while subject to change, indicates the original configuration.

I will report back actual finding and photos if it is the new configuration!