FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver: Shangri-La and other hotels (consolidated)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:33 pm
WheelsFirst

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Having stayed at both in the past 2 years I prefer the Pacific Rim to the Hotel Georgia. First, I think the location is quite a bit nicer, closer to things to do and more pleasant to walk around the immediate surroundings. Assuming the services haven't changed the house cars and free bikes at the Pacific Rim are really nice luxury amenities. The rooms at the Pacific Rim are nicer (in my opinion), F&B is top at both properties, the bar at the Georgia is really great (Inception Negroni is almost worth the flight alone). Pacific Rim's Gold's lounge is spectacular, has really solid food and great views. Pacific Rim's lobby is very crowded at night but that didn't both us other than we didn't utilize the lobby at night. I didn't find the service to be particularly personalized at the Georgia but maybe that's because we booked online and not via our usual travel agent.

The Four Seasons is not up to usual FS standards and is also leaving FS in Jan 2020.