FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR J vs BA F & BA J
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:44 am
Agent69

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have flown extensively In QR J (inc A380 to MEL,BKK and several 787's), but about 3 months ago I tried the BA merry go round AMS - LHR - KUL - BKK - HKG - LHR - AMS, with a litte side bar to DPS. In order of preference I would say:

1) BA F on 787 to KUL - best seat, easiest to sleep, good service, access to CCR. Dissapointing selection on IFE.
2) = CX J on A350 - only a short hop from BKK - HKG, but great hard product with good service
2) = QR J A380 / B787 - seat is not as nice as BA F, but far better IFE and good service. Gets marked down due to those awful chicken sausages that they serve for breakfast
3) BA J A380 - night time flight, so maybe not a direct comparison - seat was as good as QR J, but not having direct isle access is a drawback. Service was good
4) MH J A330 - good service but a narrow seat
5) MH J B737 - suprisingly good flight for a narrow bodied flight. Plenty of space and excelent service. More top up's of my wine glass than any of the above flights.
6) BA CE A320 - you get what you pay for (only 45 minutes back to AMS). However the early morning breakfast was the tastiest meal of the trip.