FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner 787-8 / 788 Zodiac Business Seats & Reviews (master thd)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:05 am
acoburn73

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
I am scheduled on a 787 on Friday out of Chicago to DFW. Seat map just changed to only 5 rows of J with PE added. Cannot select seats on the app anymore. I was seated in 6L and was moved to 1D. I will report back if this plane is in fact in a revised configuration. Current tail is showing as N801AC. Inbound flight on this tail shows the pre-PE configuration. Definitely interesting why they made this change, unless a sub is planned.

The ORD-DFW flight after my departure is also a 788 and has the old seat map. Anyone else with this?
Looked at all 787s from ORD-DFW departing on Friday (quite a few!) on ExpertFlyer, and it appears you're on AA2501, which is the only 787 showing as having 5 rows in business (all others have the mini-cabin extra two rows). See image below:

Also, Seat Guru for AA 787s only shows two current -8 and -9 configurations, with the -8 of course having 5 rows in main cabin and 2 in minicabin (herringbone layout), while -9 has 8 rows all facing forward. Maybe you are lucky enough to be on the first new configuration of the -800?