FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's the "big one" sale
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:35 am
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I am unsure if grab a seat is different, you might want to check that. I figured Koru worked no matter whose number was on the ticket but I also could be wrong there!
You might think so. However Air NZ would very likely to require the AirPoints number of the Koru Club holder to be in the booking.

For those who hold status on other airline programs, and not in AirPoints, Air Nz requires that you have the program with status in your booking if you want the benefits of that status.

So, if you hold status with NZ and want to build status on another *A carrier and have that number in your booking, then NZ will deny you lounge acces and wotnot unless you agree to have your NZ Airpoints number entered. I dont know, but assume that thisnhoods true for Koru members.

Similarly, I cant build status on NZ and use my *G benefits of my THAI status since I MUST enter that number into my booking to access benefits, or forgo these benefits and accrue to NZ instead. Previously it was possible to have both Airpoints number to collect Airpoints, and other program with status gain lounge access etc enetered into the booking.

And as sbiddle notes, the earn needs to be worth it - however you want to measure that worth.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 9, 2019 at 12:32 pm