FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:35 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
I don’t even want a fruit basket but I will admit I kind of expected something more when staying at my first property as an Ambassador on points at a Cat 7 property instead of “Thanks for being a Platinum member” and given a base room
This has been my frustration. I told my ambassador I have 2-3 special, "me trips" per year. The rest of my stays are at mostly forgettable properties for work.

I finished my third "me trip" over Christmas. Of the three hotels, one put an amenity in my room but the amenity completely went against my preferences. It would be like giving someone allergic to nuts an amenity with nuts. None of the three hotels fulfilled any of my requests, either. My requests? Feather pillows (and extra pillows) and extra towels. Not exactly difficult or demanding.

I don't expect much, but I don't think expecting my status to be properly recognized and perhaps the occasional thank you card or nice bottle of wine is too much.

My Austin-based ambassador agent told me each property is supposed to designate a liaison for agents. for North America properties, the agent calls the designated liaison. Sometimes it's a guest relations manager, if the hotel has a guest relations department. Other times it's the front office manager. For international properties, they email the designated liaison. So I imagine it's quite easy for any requests communicated by email -- especially without sufficient prior notice -- to get lost in the system, be it a SPAM folder or just overlooked.