FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade policy T&Cs - hotel choosing not to upgrade to suites?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:52 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by ftaus
Love the passionate debate.

I'm going to reaffirm and clear a few things up:
  • The purpose of this thread was to seek clarification on Marriott's upgrade policy. My previous understanding was that base/non-speciality suites were included in the upgrade pool (and that, in SPG days, the upgrade pool = the SNA pool).
  • As stated, I will not be naming the property. Despite the lack of suite upgrades, I enjoy staying at this property (and others in Sydney). If you can't deal with this omission, move on.
I appreciate the fact that have read FT for several years before posting. From your post, it sounds like you were a legacy SPG member.

I hope you'll keep in mind in the future that FT is an exchange of information. We share information with others and others share information with us.

Saying that there is a hotel in Sydney that doesn't upgrade to any suites even when they have suites available without identifying that hotel isn't really fair to others who share information. We may wish to avoid that property or at least be aware of the issue.

In any event, you now know that its not Marriott's policy (Marriott still has a more generous policy for legacy Marriotts in the APAC).