FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum connection time at CDG
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:59 am
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by jczinn
I have a similar dilemma. Returning home from Madagascar TNR-->JFK I booked with a 1:05 connection time on AF-->Delta. When I originally booked it, it was 1:10 connection, and now with a schedule change it is down to 1:05 and Delta is showing me the dreaded Red Text saying I may not make the connection and I could (probably) change it without cost. Problem is, the only other option is with a six hour layover on AF-->AF. Also, I really would prefer returning on the Delta flight as the layout is 2-3-2 vs the 3-3-3 of AF (yes, sadly we are in Main Cabin.)

In my mind there is little chance of making that 1:05 connection--and if we do make it, it would be with much stress!
I'm not sure why 5 minutes makes the difference between stress and not stress.

TNR-CDG-JFK will not require clearing immigration, only a relatively quick security check. If you're lucky you won't even have to change terminal buildings, as both flights will use Terminal 2E. 2E has three buildings or "piers" connected by train, and it's a a short ride between them if you do need to change.

If your inbound is on time you'll be fine. Unlike the DC scenario, in this case I'd probably stick with the shorter connection given the 6 hour layover and inferior product of the alternate.