FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum connection time at CDG
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:06 pm
jczinn

Programs: AA, Delta, UA
I have a similar dilemma. Returning home from Madagascar TNR-->JFK I booked with a 1:05 connection time on AF-->Delta. When I originally booked it, it was 1:10 connection, and now with a schedule change it is down to 1:05 and Delta is showing me the dreaded Red Text saying I may not make the connection and I could (probably) change it without cost. Problem is, the only other option is with a six hour layover on AF-->AF. Also, I really would prefer returning on the Delta flight as the layout is 2-3-2 vs the 3-3-3 of AF (yes, sadly we are in Main Cabin.)

Meantime on both the Delta and AF sites this connection is still being sold as a legal one. The arrival time is 10:50 a.m. and departure 11:55 a.m., if that makes any difference.

In my mind there is little chance of making that 1:05 connection--and if we do make it, it would be with much stress! So is it worth the gamble to keep the booking as-is and in the event we don't make it, we'd get put on the later flight? Maybe we'd get lucky and the initial flight would come in early---or the connecting flight would have a delayed departure.

Really don't know what to do!

Last edited by jczinn; Jan 8, 2019 at 10:12 pm