FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:44 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Zorak
A few things to unpack here.

Flexibility for SDC, sure. Flexibility for SDC in case of IRROPs? If there are IRROPs you don't need to be in F to have rebooking flexibility esp as a DM MM.

You've also been around long enough to know that the FCM price isn't necessarily related to the price for a new booking. I just looked on the app and all of the DTW-DCA nonstop options on Jan 18 are $322 in F except the early evening departure is $347.

You are right in that I should have said "would prefer to sell" vs "expect to sell" but even so that means they may not open up OY until it gets closer. Regardless, and unfortunately for us, that's how the game is played these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled about it either, but nothing new though...
I forgot FCM upgrades aren't making much sense these days and that entire trip in F prices out at $754.

I know I have rebooking in case of irrops as a DM but it is nice to know I'll be sitting up front and not risk sitting in a back middle seat assuming there is a seat up front available. I was in a similar situation last year with an RUC and used it on a DTW/DCA trip and on the parking lot shuttle I got an alert the flight was delayed three hours and was able to call the diamond desk on the bus and got the last F seat on the DTW/BWI flight and it worked out great. The DCA flight ended up being five hours late, sure it was a pain getting to DC from BWI but it beat getting there five hours late.