FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:15 pm
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ixs
I saw, thank you.

It depends. The problem is, the data is coming from a host at apis.ihg.com and I am using the exact same commands the webbrowser uses in order not to cause any problems. In order to access this API though, one needs an API Key and a SSO (Single Sign On) Token.
Once you have these, getting the data and running the analysis is super simple and everybody could do it. Install a program, run the script, done.

But getting this API and SSO Token is difficult. My script gets this data by starting a (hidden) Firefox browser, logging into the website, open a few pages and then I extract the key and the SSO token. As all this is done in Javascript this seemed to be the sanest approach. Unfortunately running this hidden Firefox browser is kinda complex which means being an IT person comes in handy...

In order to facilitate all that for other people, I have a docker container that contains all the software, so if you have a Macbook or a Linux machine, running the script yourself is doable, even for a non IT Person. I'd be happy to walk you through it. This should also be possible on Windows, but I have never tried it.

I thought that this might be a useful thing for other people as well and I'd be happy to offer a simple web-interface to fetch said data were it not for the fact that everyone using this interface would effectively handing over their password which is something people should probably not do.

So right now, I am unsure. I'd love for other people to be able to get their data easily but I am not sure how to make it user-friendly enough.
actually i recall last time we discussed accessing account info.

would love to be able to access, and read, but i have no doubt it is well beyond my capability............