FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:03 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The people who would find it most difficult could be American residents who travel in Asia - I think there have been a few here.

Let’s say they get 15 credit card nights and then burn some credit card points on another 20 nights. With 100 nights on file they might only have 65 paid nights which could be well below $300 a night.

Those of us non-US residents (minus selected countries) have to do 100 bums in beds nights anyways, and as we don’t get anything like the same number of credit card miles most of us will have far fewer points nights. So all of a sudden $200 a night, especially in major metropolitan centres doesn’t seem very difficult.
After all of these comments that SPG has more higher end properties ,,, I was surprised to see this as an issue but it seems to apply to many.

I don't really use points much so my stays, less 15 credit card nights, are paid. I travel responsibly when traveling on other peoples money and often pay less than $200 a night even in LA and NYC with eligible rates. I'm less responsible when traveling on my own. Still, with 130 actual nights last year, I still averaged $200 a night when taking into account bar/food/spa.