FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:57 pm
longtimereader firstimeposter

Originally Posted by damon88
At first I also wondered how it was even possible to spend 100 nights and not spend 20K but then I remembered that many of those nights could be points redemptions. There is also the possibility of earning 15 nights from the CC and 10 nights from a meeting (I've never done one of those myself but they seem to be popular) And then overseas members report much cheaper rates than we get used to in large US cities. So total revenue nights could only be 60 or less for some. At even $250 per night those members would be short.
135 nights and around $17,000 in spend. Probably around 10 or so of those are points related.

Generally, my stays are $150 or less at full service Marriott properties (Westin, Sheraton, Marriott, Renaissance, Le Meridian, etc.) unless I'm travelling to DC, NYC or San Francisco. My current travel takes me to a city where the full service Marriott, Westin and Sheraton are all below $125 a night with our corporate discount.