FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:21 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by 9Benua
I applied using the code for 60k/3k spend, yet when I got the approval letter yesterday, it's for the 50k/3k spend. Is this the new normal now?
Are you sure the app was for a straight 60K? Because the mailers I've gotten recently say 60K in big letters on the front of the envelope, but when you read the details of the offer on the inside, it's 50K + 10K.

Two things I'm wondering about:

1) When I asked thru chat a while ago for the courtesy 15K bonus miles, the CSR said that they would put the request right thru. But others have mentioned getting either an email or a letter confirming that, and I haven't heard anything about it since the chat. Has anyone gotten the extra bonus without some confirmation first?

2) DW applied with a mailer 11 days ago, and not only had we not been told she was approved, but the online site to check status still said "7-10 days". So this morning she called in, and was approved in about 3 minutes, with only confirming her phone numbers and address, and getting a code sent to her phone. It's my understanding that her 33 days to the next app started the day she applied, not the 11 days later when she was approved. Are there any recent DPs on if this is still the case?