FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:45 am
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Well, I was in SFO last week, and there were TWO restaurant options in Terminal 3 alone. So that's not "zero" if you're flying domestic.
Just had breakfast at Yankee Pier in T3 prior to my Alaska departure from T2. Came down before morning commute by car and had the time to check it out today. Spent $26 on an omelette, large juice and tea. Having precheck had me through security in both terminals in less than 5 minutes. One question they asked before seating me, though: "How much time do you have before your departure?". Service was a little slow but they were quite busy, so certainly not somewhere you pop into 15 mins before departure.

In the last three months alone I've had four restaurant visits (three in SYD and one at SFO, with a couple more expected at SFO this month), and two lounge visits (LAS and MUC), so still getting plenty of value from my card. I typically have about a dozen lounge visits in a typical year (bearing in mind my AA elite status gets me into lounges, too, so not solely dependent on PP).