FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/BA: INV-LAX/SFO/LAS, sub $1400 RT
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:39 am
redct

Originally Posted by citytom
My better half and I managed 2 x INV-LHR-JFK- LAX-BOS-LHR-INV in early April for a little over 1,000GBP pp (thanks to OP and TLFL blog).

Not the optimum TP route, but it suits our travel plans. Some of my multi-city routes repriced after hitting the payment button on AA - e.g. 2,262GBP became "new price = 4,278GBP". Interestingly when I tried the paypal payment route it didn't seem to reprice on AA, though I'd already chickened out and booked the simpler itinerary by that point.

Our late-night turnaround in JFK T8 looks near impossible with Checked Baggage mind (1 hr 20 minutes). So a sizeable delay on the LHR to JFK leg would be very convenient. Also a pity to be travelling before the new Caledonian Sleeper trains to Inverness are introduced (May'19).
I would honestly avoid trying to check bags. JFK is notoriously slow with getting stuff out. 1h20 is perfectly doable with Global Entry or the mobile passport app though.

And yes, those were my plans for positioning to INV - take the sleeper up from London the day before!