FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:06 am
BlueNordicSky

Programs: AY Plat, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cas_de
Sounds like you were travelling last weekend. Frankly spoken, weather related delays such as the one you're talking about happen independent of the airline. I have experienced similar behavior across a number of airlines, where they didn't update the boarding / departure time or a flight (e.g. still showing on time while the inbound flight has not yet left the departure airport), so I wouldn't go out and blame LOT for that. If you travel stuff like this tends to happen unfortunately, and regarding the kid situation, I don't feel this is specific to LOT, too.

I just did a MR MUC-WAW-TLL-WAW-MUC 1 1/2 weeks ago and all four legs with LOT were rather pleasant.
The main issue I have with LOT in this case is the complete lack of information, and generally a complete feeling of apathy from the staff. I did ask them to also check my flight while in the air, but it seems like they forgot. And when about to exit the airplane, I told the crew I could still possibly make it. Their only reaction was "oh, really?" I'm not one to try to ever pull any DYKWIA, but it would have been to get at least a little bit of status recognition here, in situations like this I feel a LH/LX crew would at least made an effort to keep me informed of the connection status.