FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:55 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by melissaru
Hoping someone has some insight on this... for years have used Delta Platinum Amex. In December, upgraded to Delta Reserve to utilize the SkyClub access instead of paying for it separately as well as the upgraded companion fare ticket (booking in C+ or First). I just went to book a flight using the certificate and it's still showing my Delta Platinum card in My Wallet, and thus, only showing flights avail in Main Cabin. Any idea how or when it will change over to the Delta Reserve I now have (it's the same card number as my previous Platinum - was just an upgrade, not a new account).
Thanks for any help!
If this is a certificate that was issued while your card was a DL Plat card, then upgrading it to a Reserve card doesn't magically change the existing cert into a Reserve cert -- that only takes effect the next time you hit your anniversary date and a new cert is deposited into your account, i.e. the next cert you receive will be a Reserve cert (provided you haven't downgraded in the meantime )