FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines flight diversion leads to a 30-hour nightmare for passengers
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:05 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I don't understand why people stayed at the airport. If this happened to me, I'd leave the airport, get a hotel room, get a good night's sleep, then call AS about getting me on a flight home.

Compensation for the room etc could be dealt with after the trip.
remember that we FTers are not in any way representative of the majority of airline passengers ... we are in large measure much more seasoned travelers, we are in large measure well acquainted with normal and not-so-normal airline operations, and we in large measure know how to interact with airline and airport personnel to get our questions answered and our interrupted trip back to some semblance of normal

as mentioned, the big issue was the diversion to an airport where AS has no presence; the late arrival into BUF probably meant minimal airport staffing in terms of TSA and baggage service, and minimal concessions availability

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 7, 2019 at 10:12 pm