FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Michelin/Pellegrino Level Restaurant Highs and Lows
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:07 pm
bsb10

Mostly NY Based--

HIGHEST

3* Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare, New York -- Favorite restaurant ever. Eat there 3+ times a year and never disappoints
1* Atomix -- Incredible, best debut of 2018. Can't wait to go back.
3* Alinea -- Incredible, as always. Went 5 years ago and am so happy I could return.
3* Per Se -- Loved it, glad I went back despite all the controversy with the NYT review and stuff.
2* Sushi Ginza Onodera -- Went before Chef Saito left. Amazing sushi experience for NY.

HIGHS

3* Le Bernardin -- Great as always, but declining IMO (vs Per Se/Chef's Table which are improving)
2* Jungsik -- Still love for upscale Korean, but disappointed that they seem to be veering further away from Korean flavors nowadays vs. when I used to go years back.
2* The Modern -- Lovely place with delicious food, but no *wow* factor yet.
2* Ko -- Some dishes didn't work for me. But on the whole, amazing effort and unique for the city.

MIDDLES

2* Jean-Georges -- Ok. Like the dining room and the presentations, but service was mediocre and food was only good but not great.
Cosme, New York -- Not the most beloved restaurant but I'm obsessed with their duck. I could eat it every day.
1* Cote -- A fav for me to visit, but it's nothing overly special, especially for the Korean BBQ scene in NY.

LOWS

3* Eleven Madison Park, New York -- Truly the most disappointing dining experience in a long time. I LOVED Eleven Madison pre-reno. This was full of service and dining flaws, with dishes I found actively undesirable and service mistakes abound.
Countless 1* restaurants in New York -- Sigh. NY needs to clean up their 1 star selections and stop grandfathering in old selections. I go to them for the sake of completeness, but regret 50% of my visits.

LOWEST

2* Marea -- Worst restaurant I went to in 2018. Awful awful awful all around.
1* Junoon -- Terrible service, worse food. Can't believe this is the Indian restaurant they chose to star in the city over Indian Accent and Tamarind.