FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:12 pm
jiaogulan

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
I used this line posted by another user here, edited very slightly from 15,000 to 20,000: "Hi, Would you as a one time courtesy provide a match of +20,000 AA miles to match the higher offer that is available at 70,000 miles?"

Seems my flaw was not foreseeing they would see 70,000 and then split the difference between 60,000 as my max, not the 50,000. In retrospect, I can see why they would do this. Oh well, first world problems.
Turned my frown upside down and just got another 50K/3K approved tonight, and I'll match it out better this time. The reason I am posting though is because the agent who did the text message and address confirmation for approval, made a comment that "you're a great customer and I see you know the drill" when talking about how long it will take me to get the card, and for the first time ever (for me at least) she said on the call "you'll get 50,000 miles after spending $3,000". Nice to get an extra confirmation of the bonus haha, not that I've ever had any issues.