FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:09 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
We are going to be in Tokyo for 5 nights in April. We are a couple with a 6 year old daughter.

For a tourist, which hotel will you recommend. Prince Sakura or Westin? Point-wise both are similar at 200k points for 5 nights.

Primary focus is easy access to tourist / shopping spots in Tokyo and access to train to get to Osaka / Hakone.

Another consideration is breakfast in restaurant (we are vegetarian and being able to get restaurant breakfast helps us find a few extra veg options).

I am assuming both the hotels will be OK to heat (microwave) the vegetarian food we bring with us for dinner.

Thoughts?
Prince Sakura is almost fully booked for April; it has been for quite some time now since it's peak travel season. There is no space for a five night standard room according to the calendar. I couldn't even convince them to let me pay to upgrade my standard award because inventory is so limited.

EDIT:
Also, if I'm being honest, it is seriously worth stretching to 240k on a five night stay to stay at the Prince Gallery or Ritz-Carlton for 5 nights over the Westin. Especially as an SPG Platinum, Prince Gallery is the clear choice if you have the extra 40k. Both of those hotels have standard rooms for the second half of April at least.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jan 7, 2019 at 4:17 pm