FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Government Shutdown & MSP security checkpoint closures
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:54 pm
CarmenOM

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Government Shutdown & MSP security checkpoint closures

Checkpoint 10 (the skyway checkpoint normally open on weekdays until around 1:15pm) is closed and expected to be closed for the duration of the shutdown.

The InterContinental hotel TSA checkpoint is closed until further notice.

The TSA checkpoint from Immigration and Customs into the G concourse is still operating. It is used only by international arriving passengers who have connecting flights.

I will add my observation, from three volunteer shifts at MSP in the past week, that the regular TSA lines are longer than usual for the volume of passengers. PreCheck seemed less affected. I have not heard any figures on numbers of TSA agents at work at MSP. Dogs were being used at the North Checkpoint, so the long lines there moved quickly.

The Global Entry office in Baggage Claim is closed. People with interview appointments are being notified by CBP (Customs and Border Protection) via email.

Mods, feel free to broaden this thread for similar information about other airports. (Let's keep this about Delta & MSP for now. 3Cforme - Delta Forum Moderator)

Last edited by CarmenOM; Jan 7, 2019 at 3:00 pm Reason: Adding further information